Welcome to pyexpander’s documentation!¶
pyexpander - a powerful turing complete macro processor¶
pyexpander is a macro processor that allows to embed python code in text files.
Some of the features are:
- Variables like
- Valid python expressions like
- Arbitrary python code like in
$py(import math; math.pi)can be executed.
- The functionality is available as a script and a python library.
- The program is availiable for python version 2 and version 3.
See Introduction to pyexpander for more information.
|Author:||Goetz Pfeiffer (Goetz.Pfeiffer@helmholtz-berlin.de, firstname.lastname@example.org)|
This gives a first impression on pyexpander’s capabilities:
Full list of documents¶
- Introduction to pyexpander
- pyexpander reference
- EPICS support in pyexpander
- pyexpander for users not familiar with python version 2
- pyexpander for users not familiar with python version 3
- expander.py and expander3.py command line options
- msi2pyexpander.py and msi2pyexpander3.py command line options
- Installing pyexpander
- Installing pyexpander by running setup.py
License and copyright¶
Copyright (c) 2016 by Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin.
This software of this project can be used under GPL v.3, see pyexpander license.
Download and install¶
By using pip, installing pyexpander is a single line command. This and other installation methods are described in
You can either access the software repository by a web interface:
Or, if you plan to extend or improve pyexpander I would recommend that you get a clone of the repository with this command:
hg clone ssh://email@example.com/p/pyexpander/code pyexpander
You can then commit changes in your own repository copy.
If you plan to share these changes you can create a mercurial bundle and send it to my e-mail address.